Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back I go again…

Saturday morning I wake up with a slight bruised feeling, however seeing as I sleep with many covers, waking up feeling squashed isn’t a new thing. As the day went on the pain became less bruised and more…well…pain. It was more located in one place and moving around became more difficult. So…back I go. I am hospitalised once again with an expected appendicitis.

As I traveled to hospital with the worship music blaring I was clinging on to God with all I had. I was not going to go through another operation, for my return date to Pemba to be delayed even longer. I just couldn’t do it. The day before I had just finished packing, I was ready to leave. Having an operation wasn’t an option. No No No!

I phoned and messaged people to get the message out to pray. I asked my family in Christ to rise up with me in prayer against this. And it was beautiful to watch those prayers come into being. I was out two days later with the doctors unable to say what the pain and sickness was, but happy it wasn’t my appendix. I am feeling much better and resting well at home.

For now…No more going to hospital please! Being admitted three times plus two appointments, before the end of January isn’t a great way of starting 2014.

I was slightly embarrassed to be returning to the same place so soon, one of the surgeons recognised me straight away. I was even more embarrassed with the effect the morphine had on me. The doctor wasn’t too sure what to say when I told him I lived in a bamboo hut. Thankfully my mother was there to correct all the questions the doctor asked me about my living conditions in England. Seriously….why ask me anything when I have just had powerful pain killers? I get weird when I am ill without the drugs, as my friends and family well know. I even had a message from one of my dear friends asking me to message her as soon as I have had the painkillers. I think she knew she would get some entertainment. :)



I could repeat all I wrote on the last blog entry when I left the hospital last time. I still know I am in God’s hands with all I do, as He leads. I also know I am in a spiritual warfare and praying matters. Fighting with intercession is a needed part of everyday life. The more I placed my focus on worship as I was traveling to the hospital, the more peace and joy took over. I knew I would be ok in His hands, whatever happens. I am ok. He is still good and I am still His daughter. I wasn’t alone.

Praise God for all He is in the everyday things.




No comments:

Post a Comment