Monday, January 20, 2014

His plans...

On the 7th January I was sitting in hospital, on oxygen, an IV and taking many medications, pondering, ‘but I was meant to be on a plane today returning home’. I was too ill to want to leave the hospital, I was very happy to be where I was while in that state. But I didn’t want to be in that state. I wanted to be on a plane. Feeling well. Why were my plans not happening? What was God doing?

Not once did I not trust God in what He was doing and the way He was going to make me well. I knew that good would come from this. But I couldn’t help but think of home and ask God what these weeks would look like in His eyes, while I was in and out of sleep.

Today my strength is picking up, the voice has returned and I can eat a meal in less than an hour, which is a big achievement! The best thing is that without those horrible, swollen tonsils in my throat, I feel freedom. There is so much joy in knowing it’s over.

Done.

Fin.

Acabado.


My throat is healed. Yes God used the good doctors for this. But oh my there is so much gratitude for my lovely Heavenly father.

One of my biggest joys, yet my biggest heart break that comes with my role in my ministry is holding the sick. Whenever one of my babies is ill there is a role and responsibility that comes to getting them better again. Fighting for them and loving them through it. We always start by getting the other babies, toddlers and the educators around them to pray. We don't always see a miracle from the word go, but there is something so powerful in declaring that this child is Gods, they are not to be sick any more. Jesus come and be in control. He has never failed to show up in these times of need with His healing power, as well as in the general day to day events. 

The more I get to know Jesus, the more I feel secure in the not knowing. The better I am at letting go of control. He is my hero and each day is an adventure with Him, surrounded in His love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment