Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Adventures in His love...

Jesus overwhelms me daily. As I sit with our neighbours listening to them sing praises of how good God is, or when I am writing an email to a lady who is coming to visit just because God told her to, so she instantly obeys. When I sit and write thank you cards to each person who supports and cheers on ‘We Will Go’, praying over each card and getting revelation on what God thinks about each one.

When I sit in a country that isn’t my own and I wonder in the mysteries of how He got me here. When there is beauty in the ashes of this place I now call home. I sit and try to fathom how good God is, but it is just not possible.

I kept my bags packed and sat waiting for God to do his thing 20 minutes from Heathrow. I had no idea how He was going to do it and I didn’t have any control. My faith was being exercised and stretched. Learning to submit and give to Him my whole life, being complete in Him.

Somehow I was on a plane and God gets all the glory. I am thankful for each person who gave to me out of obedience and I have no words for the generosity of you all, my friends. I pray for each penny in my account to be pure and only to be given out of obedience to God, and then I likewise spend each penny in obedience to God. So it is because of this, that He gets every bit of glory! He is a good, good father.

I am learning about His love and how to revel in His glory during my everyday life. There are times I get tempted to get down or stressed, but He always brings me back to Him. I am learning about His beauty in staying face to face with Him as I hand out clothes and do our children’s program. How to worship him in the hard times when I am hungry and tired, yet there is so much need in front of me. And how to worship Him in the good times, such as when one of our sweet neighbours gets healed from HIV!

He is with me and loves me so deeply. He has been talking to me about how I can let Him love me as much as He wants to love me. It can be so easy to place all our hurts and selfish ambitions in a place inside ourselves that God can’t touch. To get busy in the every day and not stop for our heavenly Daddy, but He wants all of me! He wants me to surrender all to Him and He wants to love each part of me! Even the parts that I think are ugly and worthless. He desires all of me to be close to Him, allowing Him to give me beauty for ashes. How often do I hold on to what I shouldn’t? 

I am praying for this city, for this nation and for all nations. But I ask Him to start with me. As much as it can hurt, He is worthy of it all! So may I give it all to Him!








No comments:

Post a Comment