Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year...

Well…My Christmas was wonderful! Full of merriment, Christmas cheer, family time and getting well fed! However Christmas is done and dusted. Now to look on to the New Year and of course, organise the house.

My life seems to be on a standstill right now. Not knowing when I can go home and not knowing what things will look like. I would have been leaving in eight days had everything gone according to my plan. I would have sent my packed suitcase with my sister who lives very near Heathrow and would be starting to say my goodbyes.

A huge part of me is devastated.

The other part is enjoying the hot running water, fast internet, constant electricity and lack of rats running around the house.

I can’t help but enjoy the every day comforts that I used to take for granted. Well…I use the word comfort loosely.

What is comfort? I miss my kids, friends and my family out there. I miss being in the center of where God has called me. I feel that when I am in that center I experience real comfort. Wow I have changed! I would have swapped anything for regular access to good chocolate, four years ago.  

Do I wish that center had all these home comforts? Why yes. But I find it such a joy to give it all just to see those beautiful Mozambican smiles every day. To see what God can do when you say yes.

I don’t always learn that from me saying yes, can I just point that out. I am defiantly still learning. I watch these amazing locals who give up everything for God, getting radically changed. I see them learning to rest, run and regain strength all in His joy. I see Jesus in the face of  them daily.  I learn from them daily.

What a joy.

So yes, this New Years I will have itchy feet to get back to ‘normal life’. I however am loving seeing my beautiful friends and family here in England. Learning to rest in His plans and not mine.

One comfort that I haven’t had this last year is not suffering from a sore throat in one degree or another. The amount of times I have had tonsillitis is ridiculous. So they are coming out! This Saturday I will be saying goodbye to those little things that have caused me much pain, and saying hello to a illness free, full of his presence 2014.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment