Saturday, October 27, 2012

Keeping my eyes fixed on Him...


Well hello all,

I am sorry once again for my lack of communication recently. There is so much to catch up in lots of different areas of my life here. So here is a little snippet. 

Street ministry:

I am so excited about street ministry. We have a great team of students that are just wonderful with showing humility with the local ladies, men and each other. We have had a challenging few weeks but funny enough, it shows signs of God doing so much! God showed me a picture of the barraca being like a sitting room. A safe place and in most family households it is the centre part of the house. That’s where naps are taken, hosting, conversations, eating, playing etc. We bought some wicker sofas and mats to make it much more cosy. Since this I have noticed that we are all becoming a little family that gather each week to have a girly time of eating chocolate and painting our nails. We cry together and laugh together. The little ones sit on the floor playing games, teenagers can’t stop talking and the mamas are just putting their feet up and enjoying being pampered. In this family we have little girls with scabies, girls who sell themselves to pay for food for their family, teenagers who have mothers that beat them and those that work every single day, all day to be able to eat. We are all learning to accept each other as we all walk through the door with different stories. God is doing so much! All He wants is for us to love. That is all He has called us to do. Love the Lord your God and to Love your neighbour.

How am I to do this? How am I to love the pimp waiting at the door threatening to beat the 14 year old up if she doesn’t hurry up with getting her nails painted. And the husband that is sleeping with his child’s schoolteacher who is also a prostitute, which leads to him giving his wife HIV? I keep my eyes focused on Him and remember…He loves me. ME?! I am as filthy with sin as the drunk witchdoctor that comes past and curses us. I am just as bad. But He came and washed us all clean. He came and called us pure. Praise Jesus for His goodness!

Baby/toddler house:

You may not have noticed yet but Christmas is just around the corner! J Well for us it is! When you have 180 kids to prepare for, the preparations can’t begin early enough! We are starting to get the bags together for each child, which I love! Christmas has always been my favourite time of year but when I put together the gift bags for these children it make it that more special! I love knowing the children and finding the right toy just for them! I always remember the testimony our friend H told us. One Christmas they just had a bag with teddies in it, one for each child. God then tells her to ask one girl what she wanted for Christmas and she says beads. H and all other visitors knew there weren’t beads to be found. All they had was a teddy. However that little girl put her hand in the bag to get her gift and pulled out beads. Our God loves us so much! Nothing is too hard for Him!

Please pray for us during this time, that we manage to sort everything we need to do so for the festive season!

Please continue to pray for street ministry, that we stay focused on Him and don’t step a foot forward without knowing that He is leading us there.

Please continue to pray for my health. Although I am so much better I still have a lot of fatigue and other small symptoms. Would love to be 100% healed!

Hope you are all well! Please do keep me updated with recent news or prayer requests. Remember you are all welcome to come visit any time you wish!

Blessings and joy,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment