Monday, July 27, 2020

4 years

I haven't written here for over a year now. Not due to lack, but simply out of changing the way I share; however, 4 years of being at We Will Go, is a great milestone to celebrate!

The number '4' in Hebrew and the Bible represents: creation, wholeness, complete, pathways to Him, etc. The number '4' is shown through the letter 'Dalet'. It can represent the name of God and also 'lowliness'. I see it as, the places where we have the choice to open ourselves up to God. I am ready for Him to be fully in this next year, even in those deepest places.

When I first moved here in 2016, I lived in a house called 'Love House'. I have since moved to 'Faith', 'Hope,' and now 'Life House'. Each place has taken me deep into what God has for me around each title. Since turning 32, God has taken me back to the start and has taught me a lot more about His 'love' all over again.

'You don't believe that I love you Ruth' He says to me, with comfort wrapped in His gentle tone. I argue with Him and wonder where He is coming from. He then takes me through scripture and reminds me of things I have said to prove me wrong. He always has access to my heart as long as I remain open. God has gone deep and revealed hurts and insecurities that I didn't know I needed to deal with. 

With going deep in His love, I get to learn how to grow my roots even deeper. Something else God began to teach me in 2016. My thoughts varied echoed, 'I wasn't meant to be here this long.' 'I was only meant to be here for a few months, and then a year, then two.' In 2016 He began taking me through Jeremiah 17v8.


'They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.'


He showed me the posture He wanted me in. Full of faith with no fear, going deep and standing firm.

In my 4th year, I now look at what God did on the 4th day. He created all the aspects I need to place my roots deep. He made the ground, trees, dirt. This year is the year of things being complete...me being able to put my roots deep.


To be truly rooted in something, it needs to be on the inside out. Everything that God has placed in me gets to go deep.

I am excited for another great year! Excited to be whole in Him.

He is my solid ground. He is enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment