Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Eye's fixed on Him...

She walked away from us across the car park. Not knowing where was safe to go or how long she was going to be clean for. She got new clothes and some food, but she needed so much more than that. 

She has just had a baby by c-section and it got taken from her straight away. Baby addicted to drugs taken to foster care from the first breath. His mom not seeing him, but left on the operating table not knowing that he was gone and that was it. 

She came to us with her wound weeping and she was leaking. She wasn’t able to see a doctor again since ‘that day’. 

She comes again the next day weeping and crying out to Jesus. We cry together. She has been clean for a week, from the day she had the baby, and she knows that’s from love. She sees how love changes someone. She talks about the realisation that there is no plan B. That Jesus is the only way. We hug and we cry some more. We talk about the fact that Jesus catches every tear and she doesn’t have to be strong, but can let God be strong for her. We talk about the fact that she doesn’t have to live carrying this for the rest of her days, but can give her pain and hurt to Jesus and let Him redeem. 

She named the baby after his father and he will forever be hers. She is forever Gods and He will bring her through this. 

I have a meeting so she sits with my friend and calls a shelter for women who are coming off the street. Women who used to sell themselves and would like to get free. She books a meeting for the next day. 

As I walk away my feet stick to my sandals as they are wet with her tears. My heart keeps on breaking and I’m reminded to keep praying. 

There is hope as long as she cries out to God. There is hope as long as she stays with Him, the one who has amazing plans for her. 

She comes again the next day talking about another program that would help her and if she got in, her social worker said she could stay there with the baby. The downside - it’s $600 a month. She says she’s not worried as Jesus will make a way. We gave her some chicken salad and she says goodbye with a big smile on her face. A smile of hope. 

The next time she is seen, she is back on the street corner. Lies came in again. Desperation to get her baby back. She tried to take control once again. 




Then God turns it back in my moment of sadness and frustration. How many times do we try and take control? How many times do we panic as we realise that we are walking on water, knowing we can’t do it on own. Not one part of me can do that. But only through Jesus in me. So I fall in the water and wonder why I’m drowning and call out His name again. He grabs my arm and pulls me back out by His mercy and I get to try again. 

Please pray for my friend. I don’t know where she is right now. But I pray that she will once again get back to that place that God is the only answer. 

'Camp Hope' 2018 has finished, but what God has done in our kids lives, as well as us missionaries has just started! The last week we had children crying in worship and choosing to pray in situations rather than getting angry. They proclaimed that the reason they come to 'Camp Hope' is because 'Jesus came for us all, He doesn't leave anyone out' and 'to get the ghetto out of our hearts'. As I write this, we are getting the baptism tub ready for church today. We are going to baptise a few of those who gave their lives to Jesus, plus one of our amazing summer interns! 

Keep praying for us as we transition back into the school year schedule. That our kids keep choosing Jesus in it all. 

He is so worthy. 

Keep your eyes on Him! 







No comments:

Post a Comment