Saturday, August 3, 2013

Aprender a amar...

Rahab:

Those moments when you can't put into words how you feel...one of my girls from the street phones me to say her malaria has gone and she will see me tonight...all excited...opening herself up to be vulnerable. Someone who finds it hard to trust is phoning to say she will see me tonight. It's all baby steps but I cheer with that just as I would when one of our babies makes their first steps. God is so kind, gracious and caring.

Some nights I get discouraged as I witness such foul play. My little 13 year olds telling me she was forced to have an abortion, as her client was white, as she takes off her long trousers to reveal her short shorts. She is ready in her work uniform. She starts walking the streets, well known to many it doesn’t take long until she finds someone claiming to own her for the night. It breaks me every time.

What is this huge thing before me? Just as Moses felt overwhelmed, so do I. But I have been called to set His people free. I have been called to Love. Come what May.

I am learning.

I am learning to give each thing to God.  

I am leaning on the baby steps. I am leaning on the fact that girls are coming off the street and finding jobs. I am leaning on the fact that they are getting their dignity back. I am leaning on the fact that God saves. I am leaning on His promises. I am leaning in His love.

Please join me in prayer for each one of these precious girls. We know about 60-70 girls now and we won’t stop until they are set free. Please pray for the men caught up in this. Please pray for this nation that it won’t be used for its state of poverty. Please pray.

Baby/toddler house:

Our children are just fantastic and God is showing His miracles through them every day. They know how to party and how to rest in His joy. They know how to fight off the orphan spirit and to praise Him in all things. They know His goodness and His salvation. May our ceiling be their floor from the word go. Please pray they are encouraged every day, that they are lead only by the HS in all things and that even when they are sleeping, they are pioneering. We believe in great things for our kids. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment